Ancre Somme Association Scotland was formed in 2016 by a group of people who were interested in their Armed Forces heritage from WW1, WW2 and all subsequent Wars and Conflicts. Our Officers and members created our vision, mission and strategy in 2016.
Education - we will assist, support and enhance young people's understanding of HM Armed Forces.
Remembrance - we will remember all those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for Soverign and Nation.
Supporting - we will continually support our Armed Forces charities and ASA Scotland projects.
ASA Scotland welcomes any individuals, groups or businesses to our Association; members must promote the Aims & Objectives of the Association.
We can learn so much from the Amred Forces as well as our heritage:
Armed Forces Values:
“Values” guide and develop service men and women into the kind of people they should be
1. Selfless commitment = putting the team before self
2. Courage = doing and saying the right thing even when it is not popular or safe
3. Discipline = self-control, making difficult choices, doing your job without being ordered or supervised
4. Integrity = being honest with yourself and others
5. Loyalty = supporting team-mates – but not at the expense of integrity or moral courage
6. Respect = for others, judging people by their abilities without prejudice; treating people decently
"Standards" explain how service personnel should behave:
1. Lawful - obedience to the law at all times
2. Appropriate behaviour - not causing offence; maintaining a high standard of social behaviour especially in relationships with others
3. Professionalism - maintenance of high personal standards on and off duty