PM via facebook ASA Scotland Registered Charity: SC048597
2016 has been an incredible journey for our ASA Scotland.
In the Centenary year of the Battle of the Somme our members have developed our experience, knowledge and achieved our set targets.
- Created a 3yr Strategy
- Researched local and national history
- Completed numerous WW1 exibitions
- Supported numerous West Lothian schools in learning
- Donated to Poppy Scotland 2016
- Visited Belgium and France, Cemetries, Memorials, Graves
- Motion raised to the Scottish Government
- Given a Civic Reception by West Lothian Council
- Arranged Centenary Somme Commemoration in Linlithgow
- Hired the Royal Scots Association Pipe Band
- Designed a Somme Commemoration badge
- Opened a Perth Branch 2016
- Recieved acknowledgements and support from various MSP's/Cllrs in West Lothian Council
- Engaged with Uphall Primary school choir 2017
- Engaged with schools across Scotland 2017
- Singer Alan Brydon joins ASA October 2017
- Battle of Passchendale parade with the Lowland Band of the Royal Regiment of Scotland
- Held Commemoration Service in memory of Cpl Robert Beveridge MM with the support of West Lothian Council
- Opened up Falkirk Branch in December 2017
- Joined the Ribbon Of Poppies campaign December 2017
- Joined the 1918 Poppy Pledge supporting Poppy Scotland December 2017
- MSP Alison Harris joins ASA
- ASA Patron Lt Col Jules McElhinney
ASA Scotland planning Commemoration to remember Robert Beveridge and the Battle of Passchendaele.
ASA Scotland acknowledged by West Lothian Council 2017
ASA Scotland invited to Arras 100 event at Edinburgh Castle.
ASA Scotland Launches TV Channel to promote community work, projects, remembrance and charity work.